Updated: May 4, 2018
Is it just me, or is everything "mermaid" cool now? Mermaid ice-cream, mermaid pool floats, mermaid Halloween costumes, IsaTales' Coconut Mermaid Parfait... oh wait—
I decided to hop on the bandwagon and make a mermaid spin from your average yogurt parfait!
Don't let this colorful picture fool you though; this recipe is actually very healthy & of course only made with unprocessed plant ingredients.
For the blue:
· 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla coconut yogurt
· 2 tbsp of spirulina
For the pink:
· 1 cup of unsweetened plain coconut yogurt
· 1 cup of blueberries
For the top:
· ¼ cup unsweetened coconut shreds
· ½ cup grain-free granola (I highly recommend Go Raw, they're my personal fav)
1. Mix the 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla coconut yogurt with 2 tbsp of spirulina in a bowl with a fork, or use a blender on the lowest speed. Set aside
2. Mix the 1 cup of unsweetened plain coconut yogurt with 1 cup of blueberries in a blender on the lowest speed. Blend enough so that the blueberries fully mix into the yogurt, but not too much so that the yogurt becomes watery. Set aside
3. Fill serving glass with 1/2 spirulina & vanilla coconut yogurt and 1/2 of the blueberry coconut yogurt. Combine lightly with a knife
4. Top with shredded coconut & grain-free granola
5. DIVE IN!