Updated: May 4, 2018
Double chocolate and superfood in the same sentence seems wrong, doesn't it? I truthfully did not go in to this recipe with superfood intentions, but of course it turned out that way.
My mom lives and dies for biscotti. I used to give her so much cr@p for it. I'd tell her over and over again that two Costco biscotti's with a cup of coffee is not a beneficial breakfast. I tried for years to get her to switch to protein bars or even just healthier granola bars, but she wouldn't budge. Anyway, mama tales is coming up to Los Angeles tomorrow, and I figured why not greet her with a healthy GF/Paleo biscotti and trick her in to thinking it's not?? (Like the good daughter I am)
These bad boys are d e l i c i o u s. Completely gluten-free and infused with both white AND dark chocolate, among other exciting things like hemp protein, maca, white chia seeds, cinnamon and himalayan pink salt.
Double Chocolate Superfood Biscotti
1 cup blanched almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 scoops of Beaming's vanilla superfood protein powder*
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp himalayan pink sea salt
1/4 cup raw blue agave or pure maple syrup
1/4 cup Pascha's organic white baking chips
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup dark chocolate (find a brand that is 70% or higher, sweetened with stevia and dairy free!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Add almond flour, coconut flour, superfood protein, baking soda and sea salt to a food processor or multi-speed blender and pulse until combined.
3. Add the agave or maple syrup and pulse until the mixture resembles cookie dough. You can do this by hand too.
4. Take the mixture out of the blender/processor, and fold in the white baking chips and slivered almonds.
5. Lay the dough in one brick shape on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
6. Bake for 12 minutes then allow to cool for 45 minutes.
7. Once cool, use a bread knife to cut diagonal slices.
8. Lay the slices on their sides and bake for another 10 minutes at 350 degrees F until crispy.
9. Remove slices from the oven and let them cool completely. Melt the dark chocolate chips in a double boiler.
10. Dip biscotti in melted dark chocolate & sprinkle with almonds.
11. Place biscotti back on the parchment paper and let the chocolate harden 1-2 hours before serving.
*If you need to sub the Beaming vanilla superfood protein, use the below formula:
1 tsp maca powder
1/2 tsp coconut sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
VIOLA! I hope you enjoy these, and remember to get creative! :)